Tuesday 3 August 2010

US Nationals - Predictions Contest


Recap of all the participants taking part in the US Nationals Predictions Challenge.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AmKNofXojGLrdDE3bTRZRWM2Y3VlRjFsVjh1RDRDZkE&hl=en&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Feeling pretty good about my picks.

Surprised I was the only one picking NCAA champ Ann Chandler to medal on the 100m Breast. She was dominant at NCAA's and should be primed to step up over LC meters. I was also the only one to pick Chloe Sutton to win the 400m Free. I know Katie Hoff is having a resurgent year and is the fastest ranked American this year, but Sutton has already beaten her on the Grand Prix circuit. I think Sutton has more to offer in this event and (provided her turns have improved) could post a 4:04-4:05 time. I also expect good things from Justine Mueller on the 200m IM, but couldn't bring myself to put her ahead of Kukors, Smit or Hoff. The women's 200m IM is stacked.

I salute Braden Keith for choosing Matt Grevers to win the 100m Back. I have him a close second behind Peirsol... Not too sure about picking Eugene Godsoe to finish third though.

Live Results - Here

2 comments: